06 Mar White Paper: Accountable Care Financial Arrangements: Options and Considerations
Posted at 13:25h in Accountable Care, All Value Models, Featured, Implementation Resources
The Health Care Transformation Task Force, a consortium of patients, payers, providers and purchasers working to transform the U.S. health care delivery system, has released a new report that offers a comprehensive look at the seven predominant payment models currently used by accountable care organizations.
The paper classifies seven different accountable care payment models:
- One-sided risk on total cost of care;
- At-risk care management payments;
- Two-sided risk on total cost of care;
- Capitation on limited cost of care;
- Capitation on limited cost of care with one-sided risk on total cost of care;
- Capitation on limited cost of care with two-sided risk on total cost of care; and,
- Capitation on total cost of care.
The paper describes each type of payment arrangement, notes which payers and provider organizations use it, and outlines the level of risk transfer, as well as the opportunities and challenges unique to each arrangement.
Read the white paper