15 May HCTTF Congressional Briefing: Pursuing Value in Medicaid
Pursuing Value in Medicaid: States as Transformation Leaders
June 12, 2019 | 12:00-1:30pm ET
Hart Senate Office Building, Room 902
120 Constitution Ave NE
Washington, D.C. 20002
Lunch will be provided.
States are critical partners in transitioning health care away from fee-for-service to value-based payments that focus on lowering cost, improving the quality of care, and producing better population health. The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 set a clear path for Medicare to transition more payments to alternative payment models under the Quality Payment Program. However, state Medicaid programs also serve as important and complementary laboratories for testing health care innovation and identifying effective strategies to support an effective and sustainable transformation of the overall delivery system.
Please join us to hear from health care leaders about innovative value-based payment and care delivery efforts for Medicaid beneficiaries and their vision for the role that states and Medicaid programs can play to put patients first while lowering health care costs and improving quality.
- U.S. Senator Patty Murray (D-WA) Invited
- Sue Birch, M.B.A., B.S.N., R.N. Director, Washington State Health Care Authority
- Esther Kim, Sc.D. Program Director, Accountable Care Organizations, Partners HealthCare
- Kristen Mucitelli-Heath Administrator, Regional Health Initiatives, St. Joseph’s Health (Syracuse, NY)
- Ann Hwang, M.D. Director, Center for Consumer Engagement in Health Innovation
- Jeff Micklos Executive Director, Health Care Transformation Task Force
This is a widely attended event open to the public.